Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello, all! Some friends of mine convinced me that I needed to start blogging to keep a record of my family's growth and progress, so here it is. Don't know how often I will be able to update, but I like to think I will stay on top of it. I have a feeling that most posts will be done with a baby attached to me, so please forgive any spelling or punctuation errors! Typing with one hand is not easy!
So, to begin, let me apologize to Jill, who I will probably be copying on here often. She always has wonderful lists of things her daughter likes or is doing, so I will start with one of those for both kids.

Aidan is 3 1/2 years old, and has his own idea of how things should be done. And when I say that, I mean that if you don't do them his way, he will most likely be throwing some form of a tantrum. I know, he's only three, but we still try to discipline when needed. It's tough!

Aidan:
born November 8, 2005
Here's your list, son:
1. You are stubborn
2. You can throw a temper tantrum like none other!
3. You have beautiful blue eyes and use them to your benefit whenever possible
4. You are very loving and sweet when you want to be
5. You can go from a tantrum to sweet in 3 seconds... (you get that from your daddy!)
6. You are all of the sudden growing so much that your clothes are too small!
7. You are the best big brother ever
8. You love to give hugs (and I love them too!)
9. You play with my hair all the time- you have done that since you were a baby
10. You love Transformers, Ninja Turtles, dinosaurs, and alligators. You pretty much love all animals.

I know you will do some great things some day. You have already started doing that by being yourself every day. Let's just work on the fits, ok?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ella is our little princess, and she seems to know it already! She is 9 1/2 weeks old, and she is so pretty! She does NOT like to be put down, and usually screams if you do that. She would eat constantly if I let her. She is not fat, but she like to make sure that nipple is always within reach. She can throw some pretty mean fits already too!

Ellasyn:
born April 30, 2009
Here's your list, daughter:
1. You have some gorgeous curly eyelashes
2. You have a mixture of Poppa Dan's ears and your daddy's ears
3. You are smiling and cooing and gooing now - so precious!
4. You have no hair except a little rectangle on the back of your head
5. You are in the 80th % for length, 70th % for weight, and 10th% for head circumference. Not sure what happened there, because Aidan's head was BIG!
6. You wake up if there is not noise (like if Aidan is sleeping). You are used to noise and must have it!
7. You LOVE your big brother. You watch him talk to you and he is the only one who can get you to stop crying sometimes.
8. You sleep in the Pack and Play in Mommy and Daddy's room. It's not your room, but it's better than in the bed with us!
9. You still eat about every 2 hours
10. You had your first day at Nannie's last week, and this week you will go for 2 whole days!

You are a precious addition to our family, and we are so glad that you are here. You have such quirky little traits right now, and I know we will only get to know your little personality better and better. I can't wait!


I always wanted to have a boy, then a girl. I have been so blessed to have a healthy family and it is exactly what I have always wanted. I know the Lord has been good to my family and me, and I just pray the blessings keep coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment